At West Parade Dental Care we recommend regular check-ups with your family dentist is the key to keeping a healthy smile for decades to come. We will endeavour to spot any underlying problems that you might not be aware of and allow provide early intervention. Furthermore, our experienced team of Dentists and Hygienists will also advise on the simple things you can do, to make a big difference to your overall health and attempt to reduce the risk of costly future procedures. Click here to see our advice!
Your smile is in safe hands here, at West Parade Dental Care.
Check-ups and prevention
At West Parade Dental Care, our team will place you and your needs at the centre of the appointment, this enables our experienced clinicians gain an integrated understanding of how we can best help you.
A treatment plan will be made to address any immediate concerns. Longer term options will also be discussed to enable us to advise you how we can fulfil your dental health goals. Whether it is as simple as maintaining your current smile or redesigning your smile we can tailor a plan just for you.
We will enquire about your oral hygiene, general health and lifestyle. Carry out a thorough assessment of your head and neck, mouth, teeth and gums. X-rays Radiographs will be taken routinely and when indicated to address an examination finding or complaint.
To get you started here’s some steps to help improve your hygiene
Brush at least twice a day for 2 minutes (morning and before bed) with fluoride toothpaste .
– Children: <3 years old smear of toothpaste containing at least 1,000ppm fluoride.
– Children: 3 – 6 years old pea-sized amount of toothpaste containing more than 1,000ppm fluoride.
– Adults: use a toothpaste containing 1,350-1,500ppm fluoride.
- Children should be assisted with their brushing until 7-8 years old (commonly we just suggest, when they have the dexterity for tying shoe laces).
- Manual tooth brush: angle the bristles at 45̊ against the gum, sweep back and forth in an slight elliptical manner removing. Ensure attention is paid to all surfaces; inside and outside of the teeth, and the biting surfaces.
- Electric tooth brush: angle the bristles towards the gum. Work your way around all surfaces of the teeth.
- Floss or use Interdental brushes daily as per you dentists or hygienists advice.
- Eat a balanced diet limiting sugary or acidic snacks between meals.
- Try to limit exposure to foods, trying where possible to have 3 regular meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 2 snacks. Therefore this allows for 5 exposures to food and fluids other than plain water.
- Between meals, it’s best to stick to plain water between exposures.
- Avoid eating anything 1 hour before bedtime – stick to water.
At West Parade Dental Care if you require any dental treatment, your dentist will discuss all the options available to you and provide you with a fully costed treatment plan.
Our clinicians may also take pictures should your requirements be more advanced and a bespoke treatment plan will be formulated for you to digest, in the comfort of your home. (click here to see some of our before and afters)
Most treatments will require you to schedule a future appointment with us. We will never carry out a dental treatment unless you are happy to go ahead. If you are very nervous about your treatment, we’ll be happy to discuss your concerns the techniques we can use to help reduce dental anxiety before your treatment.
Our team are dedicated to getting your gums in their best possible condition, for a lifetime of great oral health. At West Parade Dental Care, we also offer specialist Gum therapy with Dr Kapil Sanghi and his team of hygienists.
Dr Sanghi is one of very few dentists in Lincolnshire that can provide more specialised gum therapy. As a result Dr Sanghi receives referrals from dentists in Lincolnshire and beyond who call upon his services to help their patients.